Hear from mental health experts about keeping an even keel in tough times, and Democratic candidates running in primary elections.
Are you stressed? Feeling overwhelmed? Sure you are. Everybody who’s paying attention is at least a little freaked out right now.
At our May 4 meeting, we lined up a panel of mental health experts discussing techniques you can use to cope with turbulence in public and private life. The speakers:
- Lisa Garcia, project manager at Recovery International.
- Mark Marvin, a California Licensed Psychologist and VP of Community Research Foundation (CRF), overseeing operations of the Psychiatric Emergency Response Team (PERT), a not-for-profit company providing behavioral health care throughout San Diego.
- Kenya Taylor, a Licensed Marriage Family Therapist, and active Democrat.
- Leslie Fadem, San Diego Democrat and licensed family and marriage therapist.
Also, hear from Democratic candidates in local primaries, including candidates for county sheriff, US Congress, and school board. Our speakers include:
- Lauren Payne, speaking on behalf of Rebecca Kanter for state Superior Court judge.
- Stephen Houlahan, running for US Congress in California’s 48th District, against Republican incumbent Darrell Issa.
- Debbie Justeson, running for re-election to the board of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District.
- Peter Singer, also running for Superior Court judge, though not against Cantor.
- Godwin Higa, for District B, San Diego Unified School Board
- Shana Hazan, also running for District B, San Diego Unified School Board.
- Dave Myers, for San Diego Sheriff.
We also discussed the appalling leaked Supreme Court draft decision overturning Roe v Wade.
Mark your calendars for our next general meeting, June 1, when we’ll be making the case why you should support Democrats. Find out more about what Democratic leadership has accomplished for us.
And don’t forget—beer blast Wednesday, May 11, starts 3 pm at Helix Brewery in La Mesa—support local candidates and drink great beer. Details