It looks like Trump is on his way out, but there’s still plenty of work to be done to ensure the values we stand for are expressed in government. And you – yes you! – can help, by joining the board of the La Mesa-Foothills Democratic Club. Elections are at our monthly general meeting, Jan. 6 at 7 pm on Zoom, and you can run for any position – President, Treasurer, at-large member, and more.
For a complete rundown of board offices and responsibilities, see here: Join the club board! – La Mesa-Foothills Democratic Club
- To be eligible to run for the Board, you must be a member in good standing, meaning your dues are paid up to date.
- Current Board Members choosing to run again will be considered incumbent candidates.
- Board Member responsibilities include attending monthly General Meetings, monthly Board Meetings, leading a particular area of management of the Club, helping at events, recruiting members and assisting in the overall running of the organization.
- Interested candidates may apply by their submission of a nomination form – get it here – or securing the form in hard copy.
- Please send a headshot photo after you submit your nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The photo will be shared on the website, e-blasts and social media. If you do not want your photo shared, please indicate when you submit.
- Nominations will be accepted from the floor on the day of the elections.
- Nominations from the floor will require that the candidate orally repeat the information in the nomination submission form (except the photo, of course).
- To mitigate interruptions, delay, and disturbances to the flow of the elections, and to assist the nominating committee in meeting its obligation in recommending the best candidate(s) for the Board, please submit all nominations in writing to email@example.com, or by hardcopy.
Are you ready to serve? Get your nomination form here.
Save the date: Save the date for our Jan. 6 meeting, 7 pm (6:30 pm for pre-meeting unstructured conversation), when we’ll have board elections. But the bulk of the meeting will be discussing local political and policy issues. We’ve finally achieved our goal of turning the county Blue. Now what? We’ll have a star-studded line-up of local political leaders and pundits to talk about just that subject. Zoom URL to come.
Help turn Georgia – and the US Senate – Blue: Phone-bank with your San Diego neighbors to help turn out Democratic voters for the Senate special election in Georgia – that’s Sunday, Jan. 3, at noon. Details here.